Monday, June 14, 2010

Fun Scale Scoring System.

A comment from a friend (my first yay) made me think about it, and I don’t want to just put a number score. A number rarely is indicitive of the true product, and how would one ever find gems if you only took others numbers into account. I may still place a number score in comparison to other reviews, but I am more interested if a game is fun or not, not only a pure number. The bottom line is that I don't have all day to play games, I don't like to waste my time, so the fun becomes paramount in the experience. This will be a scale of how fun I thought a game was.

A distrust of only a number system is compounded by my own suspicous conspiracy theory loving mind that scores from major sites are ONLY about money. AAA titles that spend a ton on marketing never seem to get reemed when they are deserving and fun games will get horrible scores for problems forgiven by AAA titles. This is partial to nostalgia in which the flashy parts of games were not all you had to go on, but gameplay and story had as much to do with graphics. I like to think that eye candy is not all I am interested in, there are times where I am wowed like anyone else, but I don’t get hung up on graphics.

Fun Scale, or Score for review. This is mostly subjective, but this is mostly about whether I had fun or not. There are plenty of games that get great number reviews that arent fun at all, and many more that swing to the opposite side of he pendulum.

· Fun, Atful or Innovative. (FAoI) –Must Play Game

· Fun, missing some parts, doesn’t get in the way. (FMSP) –Can’t go to far wrong here, find a way to play.

· Fun at times, problems distracting (FAT)—Rent, avoid buying unless you really dig what they dug.

· A Chore to play, Where’s the Fun? (CtP) - Don’t bother, you are not missing much here.

· No F******Fun At All pure work, don’t bother. (NFF) – Avoid at all costs, laugh at friends who buy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment